Precision Guided Flexural and Interlaminar Shear Bend Fixture
CP110860 | Precision Guided Flexural and Interlaminar Shear Bend Fixture
Suitable for testing to wide range of ASTM, EN and ISO standards with suitable anvils. This fixture incorporates very low friction precision guidance as well as precision centring of the anvils.
2 methods for precision span setting for ILSS testing are provided.
- A central locating pin, precision aligned with upper anvil allowing for user supplied spacers to easily set lower anvil spans to high repeatability and tolerance.
- The optional CP108199 micrometers are available to be mounted on ILSS lower anvils to allow precise spans setting within 0.01 mm tolerance against the upper anvil.
- Max Load : 10 kN (1,000 kgf, 2,200 lbf)
- Max span : 210 mm (8.3 in)
- Max specimen width : Anvil dependent up to 75 mm (3 in)
- Upper Interface : Type Dm (1.25 in connection with 1/2 in clevis pin)
- Lower Interface : To sit on compression platens.
- Fixture length : 230 mm (9.0 in)
- Temperature range :-70 to +250 °C (-94 to +482 °F)
|Accessory Height||274 mm (10.8 in)|
|Accessory Weight||4 kg (10 lb)|
|Accessory Width||235 mm (9.3 in)|
|Capacity||10 kN (2200 lbf)|
|Lower Fitting||Requires platen 100 mm (4 in) or larger|
|Temperature Rating||-70 to +250°C (-94 to +482°F)|
|Testing Standards||Various. See optional anvils.|
|Upper Fitting||0.5 in clevis pin (Type Dm)|
- 3-Point Bend Loading and Support Anvils Set to ASTM D2344M for CP110860 and CP106682
- 3-Point Bend Loading and Support Anvils Set to ASTM D2344 for CP106682
- Precision Span Setting for CP110860 and CP106682 Bend Fixture
- 3-Point Bend Loading and Support Anvils Set to EN 2562 for CP110860 and CP106682
- 3 & 4-Point Bend Loading and Support Anvils Set for CP110860 and CP106682
- 3-Point Bend Loading and Support Anvils Set to ASTM D790/ISO 14125 for CP110860 and CP106682
- 3-Point Bend Loading and Support Anvils Set to EN 2563 for CP110860
Interlaminar shear testing is a simple test on, easy to prepare, polymer composite specimens that gives a measure of the strength of the bond between fibers and matrix. Another common test for polymer composites is flexure testing. The Instron® Modular Flexural and Interlaminar Shear Strength (ILSS) bend fixture system, with a range of interchangeable anvils, is suitable for testing to a number of international standards, including ASTM D2344, D790, EN 2562, EN 2563, ISO 14125, and ISO 14130.
- 509.4 KB