High Temperature Extensometer
W-C016-A | High Temperature Extensometer
Model RT-214 High Temperature Rod and Tube Mechanical Averaging Extensometer with replaceable inserts offers superior high temperature performance for creep testing up to 1100 Deg. C (2000 Deg. F). The following features give the Model RT-214 extensometer excellent performance:
- High temperature, high corrosion resistant 214 alloy is used on all temperature exposed parts of the extensometer. Lifetimes can exceed 4700 hours at 1100 Deg. C (2000 Deg. F)
- Rod and Tube design provides 10 mm to 152 mm (0.375 in to 6 in) variable gage length for flexibility in attaching to a wide variety of specimen sizes.
- Replaceable insert design allows gripping knife-edges to be easily changed for different specimen geometries or replaced when they become dull. Specimen geometries that can be accommodated with the appropriate inserts include round or flat specimens: Rounds:1.6 to 12.8 mm (0.0625 to 0.505 in) diameter Flats: 1.6 to 12.7 mm (0.0625 to 0.5 in) thick and 16 mm (0.625 in) wide are available. Precision machining is done based on the specific specimen size being tested for excellent concentricity, which minimizes specimen bending.
- The base is machined of aluminum for light weight & thermal dissipation. Base requires a single transducer, accepting many styles of LVDTs, SLVCs, dial gages and other devices for creep strain measurement. A sleeve is included to change the 0.5 in-20f-RH base thread to a 9.52 mm (0.375 in) ream hole for mounting non-threaded devices.
- An extension rod stiffener is included to keep the rods & tubes aligned. It has internal clearance for a 19 mm (0.750 in) diameter pull rod. The extensometer can be used with or without the stiffener.
- Tube Length: 304.8 mm (12 in)
- Rod length: 495.3 mm (19.5 in) The tube includes precision bronze bushings for low friction rod alignment. The bushings are located on the room temperature side of the extensometer.
- Working Distance between the extension arms: 41.2 mm (1.625 in)
- Clearance for Extensometer Base: 34.29 mm (1.35 in) diameter
- Price includes: rods & head assembly, tubes & head clamp assembly, top & bottom adjustable bases, 0.50 inch travel micrometer zeroing mechanism, extension rod stiffener and one set (4) of high temperature clamp nuts & bolts (W-C016-D)
Necessary items NOT included:
- High Temperature inserts need to be ordered separatly for the specific specimen sizes to be tested. Ref Catalog numbers: W-C016-C: W-C016-J1, W-C016-J2 and W-C016-J3 SPECIFY SPECIMEN SIZE AT TIME OF ORDERING
- LVDT or SLVC displacement transducer is not included in the base price of the extensometer.
|Description||RT-214 High Temperature Extensometer|
|Gauge Length||10 - 152 mm (0.375 - 6.000 in )|
|Specimen Diameter||1.60 - 12.80 mm (0.0625 - 0.5050 in )|
|Specimen Thickness||1.60 - 12.70 mm (0.0625 - 0.5000 in )|
|Specimen Width||16 mm (0.625 in )|
|Static or Fatigue Rated||Static|
|Temperature Rating||1090 °C (2000 °F )|