Hydraulic Grip Pump
2718-500 | Hydraulic Grip Pump
The Instron 2718-500 hydraulic grip pump is designed for continuous 24/7 operation in manual and automated testing systems in industrial environments.
It can be configured to provide a maximum pressure of 207 bar (3000 PSI for use with wedge grips), or alternatively 138 bar (1900 PSI) for use with side acting grips. The unit incorporates two analogue pressure gauges, that are easily visible to the operator from the front of the pump.
The 2718-500 pump is configured to operate with a two stage flow speed, with a higher flow rate up to 69bar (1000psi) to increase productivity. Once clamping the specimen the pressure will then increase to the full pressure at the slower flow rate.
Principle of Operation
The 2718-500 hydraulic grip pump is activated by a footswitch, while a handset provides close/open functionality of each grip independently. The gripping pressure is easily configured by an electrical adjustment knob located on the front of the pump.
Features and Benefits
- Dual Stage gripping pressure - improving operator safety & preventing specimen damage while reducing closing time
- Easy to use grip control handset
- Meets CE, CSA & UL requirements
- Long service life with minimal maintenance required
- Hose whip restraint system - to ensure operator safety in cases of hose failure
- Upper & Lower grips can be closed/opened independently
- 2 Wheels make maneuvering simple
- Quiet operation minimizes operator discomfort - Less than 65 dB at full pressure
- 3um Filter - Preventing damage to pump or grip components from dirt/debris
- Easily visible sight glass to check oil level & condition
|Compatible Frame Models||Suitable for 2742-301, 501, 601, and 2743-401 hydraulic grips for tension applications only.|
|Flow Rate||4.92 l/m (1.3 GPM) to 1000 psi | 0.98 l/m (0.26 GPM)to 3200 psi|
|Maximum Gripping Pressure||207 bar (3000 PSI) for use with wedge grips | 138 bar (1900 PSI) for use with side acting grips|
|Oil Capacity||30 L (8 gal )|
|Oil Type||Mineral or synthetic viscosity ISO grade 32|
|Operating Weight||108 kg (237 lb )|
|Overall Dimensions||448×575×1156 mm (17.6×22.6×45.5 in )|
|Power Requirements||120 VAC 60 Hz 15A or 240 VAC 60 Hz 7A|
|Pressure Readout (Upper and Lower Grip)||0 to 340 bar (0 to 5000 psi )|
|Shipping Weight||142 kg (314 lb )|
The Instron® 2718-500 hydraulic grip pump is designed for continuous 24/7 operation for both manual and automated testing systems in industrial environments
- 194.3 KB